Join Our Team
Position: Crisis Counselor
Responsible for offering empathetic intervention services for youth in crisis ages 12-18 at our Youth Crisis Center; facilitates individual, group and family conferences and provides appropriate referrals to residents and families as needed.
Experience working with youth in crisis, effective written and oral communication skills, organizational and leadership skills, ability to adapt to changes quickly and easily, and willingness to be a team player.
Background checks are required and include a clean three-year driving record and other federal requirements.
- Individual must have flexibility in working various 8.0 hour shifts weekly as scheduled by the Program Manager a month in advance.
- Availability for emergency coverage if required.
- Facilitate group discussions, life skills, and other harm reduction curricula.
- Household chores, cooking, and basic life skills.
- Case management and documentation, completion of intake and assessment with youth.
- Participation in all required training programs.
- Responsible for maintaining the residence and clients in a clean and safe environment.
- Coordination and participation in fundraisers/program, events; participation in other program activities.
- Responsible for completing and submitting special incident reports for clients as they apply per the special incident reporting guidelines and data collection as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services preferred
- An associate degree in Human Services is acceptable or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience is a must working with vulnerable youth and young adults in numerous settings
- Ability to effectively manage behavioral and emotional problems presented by youth
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and respond to multiple needs
- Must be available for certain emergency situations
- Must possess professionalism, leadership, and crisis management insight
Certificates/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License
Job Type: Part Time nonexempt
Salary: $10-$12.50 hr
- Primarily the Crisis Center
- Professional development assistance